The Cooneen Group are currently looking to recruit for a brand new permanent role – a Product Development Engineer for Cooneen Protection.
Product Development Engineer Ref: 20/44
This is a fabulous opportunity in a niche market for a candidate with the right skill set. The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for the product engineering of body armour and aircrew products in support of tender and sales opportunities. This position will report directly into the Design and Development Manager on a day to day basis.
1. To design armour and aircrew products taking into consideration the manufacturing costs and the design requirement required by a sales opportunity or as outlined in tender documentation.
2. To attend meetings with customers to establish design requirements in order to produce samples or design documentation.
3. To organise and conduct product trials and product demonstrations to customers.
4. To provide accurate and detailed information required to make fully graded patterns by the Pattern Technicians in the required time frame
5. To provide training and guidance to pattern technicians and also provide fully graded patterns when required.
6. To provide information and guidance to sample makers as required to ensure accurate and timely sample making.
7. To provide accurate and detailed information in order to make CAD drawings, product specifications and bills of materials.
8. To ensure, as far as is possible, that products are within customer’s quality expectations, safety regulations and company standards.
9. To contribute to the maintenance of design documentation and sampling and pattern records.
10. Responsible for the management and maintenance of in house samples.
11. To assist in the selection of the correct material and trims to meet with the project design requirements.
12. To support the tender process through reading and understanding tender documentation, by attending meetings and by the production of documentation and samples as required by the tender.
13. To assess the competition and market trends relating to body armour products and provide feedback to colleagues.
14. To understand customer strategy by regular customer visits and provide feedback to colleagues.
15. Identify areas of potential growth (product / customer base).
17. Identify opportunities for improving the method of operation in your area of responsibility. Implement improvements which have been agreed with your Manager
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 1pm
• 3 years’ experience of working with patterns and sampling in the body armour industry or a similar industry.
• Experience of garment construction and patterns.
• Previous experience of dealing with customers.
• Excellent product and pattern knowledge
• A technology related degree/ HND or equivalent job related experience.
• Demonstrate an ability to be creative and innovative in a Design / Engineering environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent planning/Organising skills
• Can work on own initiative
• Can build relationships easily
• Experience of pattern making and grading.
For further information please contact the HR Department on 028 8952 1401 or email email@example.com
The Closing Date for receipt of Cv’s is 5.00pm, Monday 21st September 2020.
The Cooneen Group are Equal Opportunity Employers