Planning and Procurement Coordinator
21/51 Planning and Procurement Coordinator
We are currently recruiting for a full time permanent Planning and Procurement Coordinator. You will be working as part of the Operations team in a fast paced environment to supply components to production effectively. Your role is to ensure that all production component requirements are met by working from a forecast alongside a production plan. You will be placing and scheduling orders and reacting to production changes that may require challenging our supply chain to deliver outside normal lead times.
- Manage all third-party manufacturers:
- Plan all orders with the approved factories.
- Purchase all raw materials and trims in line with the agreed production plan.
- Purchase all raw materials and trims for Cooneen Protection.
- Conduct weekly meetings with factories and distribute reports to update all stakeholders.
- Production control to ensure timely order fulfilment.
- Problem solve any issues arising.
Providing regular updates to the Group Operations Manager regarding overall performance and any issues that have arisen
Liaising with the Head of Contracts and Account Managers to deal with any relevant issues.
Manage and maintain stock levels of all fabrics and trims.
Preparation and issue of fabrics and trims for dispatch
Conduct monthly stock take and upkeep of stock records
Manage standard prices on Prima.
Manage the weekly shortage report.
Obtain test reports from suppliers where applicable
Raise PO’s for all fabric and trims required for UK & East European production in line with agreed production plans.
Negotiate delivery terms with suppliers.
- 12 months experience in one of the following: critical path delivery, production scheduling, order management or production planning
- 12 months experience in a fast paced, customer focused office environment
- A degree in a related subject or equivalent job related experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- 12 months experience in manufacturing, construction or retail
- Project Management Experience
- Experience of dealing with customers face to face and remotely
- Experience of dealing with global customers
- Experience of using an ERP system and producing Excel worksheet based reports
Key Tasks/Main Activities:
- To produce a wide range of sample garments of varying complexities, eg. workwear, military, fashion, sportswear
- To advise on manufacturing methods used and record for use by production and future sampling
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement and reducing waste in the manufacture and design of sample
- To have a keen eye for detail and use fault finding abilities to ensure all samples are completed to the client’s specification.
- To have the ability to work well under pressure as you will be required to work towards targets and deadlines to support the tender process
- Complete alterations to finished garments to customer specifications
- To have the ability to perform basic machine maintenance, such as cleaning the machine and changing needles and threads
For further information please contact the HR Department:
Telephone 028 8952 1401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and cv on or before Thursday 29th July 2021.