Technical Team Summer Placement
Ref: TTSP 20/07
The Cooneen Group, an industry leader and a NI Top 100 company have a new and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and self motivated student. The Summer Placement will be for an 8-12 week period during summer 2020 with the Technical Team based in their Head-Quarters in Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone. During your time with us, we’ll help you develop a variety of skills and give you a chance to work with supportive and knowledgeable professionals, giving you a wider variety of experiences for you to take back to university.
- Help control the sealing process of garments from fit samples through to gold sealers for production including development samples.
- Able to set up technical files for each garment within a range including CAD drawings, fabric details, swatches, size charts, trims records etc.
- Manage sample making to a critical path.
- Manage wearer trials and fit logs and review outcomes and potential problems.
- Create garment specifications and update specifications as and when required.
- Help with tender opportunities such as checking garments for faults, tagging up with correct information, check garments to the specifications given.
- Check and report on sample garments pre-tender submission.
Help with setting up fabric libraries, trims stores and cataloguing contents.
- Liaise with designers and customers on projects and keep accurate records of development on each project.
- Observe all company rules, standard operating procedures and company policies particularly in relation to health and safety, harassment, disciplinary and ICT security.
You’ll need to be studying a relevant degree, preferably accredited, in fashion, textiles, or manufacturing. Successful candidates will also need to be available for a period of 8-12 weeks Summer 2020.
How to apply
For any further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV below
Deadline for completed applications is 12 noon on Friday 28th February 2020