Sample Sewing Machinist (Permanent contract)
Job Ref: 20/34
Would you like to be involved with New Product Design and Development??
Do you have an eye for detail and alterations??
Do you like to have variety in your work and work well under pressure?
The Cooneen Group are currently recruiting for a Sample Machinist on a permanent basis to join their Design and Development Team in Fivemiletown.
Your role as a Sample Sewing Machinist will be:
• To produce a wide range of sample garments of varying complexities, eg. workwear, military, fashion, sportswear
• To advise on manufacturing methods used and record for use by production and future sampling
• To identify opportunities for continuous improvement and reducing waste in the manufacture and design of samples
• To have a keen eye for detail and use fault finding abilities to ensure all samples are completed to the client’s specification.
• To have the ability to work well under pressure as you will be required to work towards targets and deadlines to support the tender process
• Complete alterations to finished garments to customer specifications
• To have the ability to perform basic machine maintenance, such as cleaning the machine and changing needles and threads
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 1pm
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in using a variety of sewing machines eg overlock, flatbed,
Excellent attention to detail
Excellent planning/organising skills
Can work on own initiative
Be a Team player
The ability to communicate at all levels
Contribute to maintaining a positive winning culture
Experience in manufacturing
Awareness of different fabrics eg. knits, weaves, technical fabrics
Awareness of garment construction
Awareness of pattern making
For further information please contact the HR Department on 028 8952 1401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively upload your CV below.
The Closing Date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm, Monday 17 August 2020.
The Cooneen Group are Equal Opportunity Employers