Seamstress/Tailor – Amesbury, England
Cooneen At Work are recruiting for a Professional Seamstress or Tailor to join the Sewing Room at our Amesbury site. The successful candidate/s will be part of a team who are responsible for garment alterations, product modifications and customisations to customer specifications in a timely manner. The role will involving working with a wide variety of work wear and uniform products, eg. caps, tunics, shirts, trousers, skirts, etc
We are happy to consider full or part time applications – please outline in your application your availability to work.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Mathematics and English Grade C or above.
- Proven experience using a range of sewing machines.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction, various fabrics and sewing techniques.
- The ability to work under time constraints.
- The ability to safely use different types of sewing machines.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Key Tasks/Main Activities:
- Accurately measure garments using a calibrated tape measures to ensure proper fit of garments.
- Ensure that sewing machines and other equipment are in good working order.
- Altering or repairing customers’ garments, ie. work wear and uniforms which will include hemming, mending, lengthening, shortening as well as taking in and letting out seams.
- Fitting garments on customers to determine how the alterations should be done.
- Customisation of garments and accessories according to customers’ specifications and preferences.
- Communicating with external/ internal customers to determine their specifications, needs, and preferences.
- Using heat sealers to apply motifs and transfers as required.
- Using embroidery machines to create collar numbers, simple insignia, rainbow sliders, samples, tunic insignia and corporate logos
- Use Artwork/samples to create embroidery files.
- Attend Fitting Days as required.
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 4pm
For further information please contact the HR Department on 028 8952 1401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and cv.
The Closing Date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm, Tuesday 8 June 2021.
The Cooneen Group are an Equal Opportunities Employer.