The Cooneen Group are currently looking to recruit a Technical and Design Garment Technologist to work closely with the Technical Team for a 12 month period.
Technical and Design Garment Technologist (12 month contract)
Job Ref: 20/36
This is a great opportunity for a driven and ambitious candidate to progress and develop their skills in the field of garment technology.
You will be reporting to the Head Of Projects for Cooneen Defence/Cooneen Protection and will be responsible for garment technology in clothing and protection products in support of the tender process and contract start up. Part of this role will be to advise on garment construction and the testing of fabrics and product. You will also assist in CAD updates and specifications of new product.
1. To be responsible for updating specifications used in the manufacture of work wear and Military samples taking into consideration both production and aesthetic design requirements for both uniform and body armour.
2. To select and advise on the materials and trims required for the production of the work wear / military and protection products. Keeping records of fabrics and swatches complete with test reports/ data sheets for each.
3. Provide technical support in garment construction methods and liaise with production sources and customers when necessary.
4. Oversee fabric testing and identify possible issues regarding the fabrics tested and keeping accurate an up to date records of all testing carried out project by project.
5. Working on tender opportunities, gathering in samples and advising off-shore and in house manufacturing teams on the products for each tender worked on.
6. With a good telephone and written manner converse with all manufacturing partners and sourcing offices to achieve the desired outcome and reduce manufacturing errors in sampling and eliminate possible errors in bulk production.
7. Source fabric and trims for use in clothing products and keep contacts with all relevant suppliers.
8. Create the bills of materials with current costs and ratings for each component for a clothing product.
9. To direct and oversee the production of tender and prototype samples to meet the customer’s requirements and deadlines.
10. Conduct wearer trials (internal or external) to ensure the garment designed has the correct function and fit suitable for the end users environment and demographic.
11. Oversee first fit samples internally and externally with the customer to achieve a positive and successful outcome.
12. To provide complete garment specifications to match product designs.
13. Provide information necessary to provide accurate complete design packs for imported garments.
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 1pm
• HND/Degree in a design or clothing discipline or equivalent.
• Experience of computerized design or pattern packages, i.e GERBER Illustrator CS2/ Photoshop.
• Experienced in the use of MS office, particularly MS Word & Excel.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent planning/Organising skills
• Can work on own initiative
• Can build relationships easily
• Can work extended hours when necessary.
• Ability to travel within the UK and off-shore.
• Clean current driving license
For further information please contact the HR Department on 028 8952 1401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Closing Date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm, Monday 10th August 2020.
The Cooneen Group are Equal Opportunity Employers